Outside General Counsel Services
Entrepreneurs, emerging ventures and growth companies require sophisticated legal services at early stages of their enterprises, long before in-house legal counsel is feasible or desirable to maintain. Other more mature organizations with in-house legal departments may also find themselves in need of additional support for important recurring functions outside the scope of in-house legal expertise. At Osborn Maledon, our outside general counsel services are focused on providing the quality and level of assistance both situations demand, covering such core service areas as:
- Corporate governance
- Technology licensing and protection
- Distribution models, including licensing, OEM and VAR arrangements
- Research and development agreements
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Joint ventures and strategic transactions and relationships
- Executive compensation, including stock options, restricted stock and other equity compensation
- Human Resources and employment matters, including hiring, retention and termination
- Ordinary course contracting
- Venture capital and private equity financings
- Mergers and acquisitions
Working closely with each client to fully understand their industry and business model, our attorneys provide outside general counsel services customized to address each client's specific needs. In our capacity as outside general counsel we have developed an extensive, established network of legal sub-specialists and subject matter experts nationally and internationally that we incorporate into our representation on a case by case basis. Whether a client's unique situation calls for specialists in international law, patent prosecution or complex tax and ERISA matters, we are able to deliver specialized, multi-jurisdictional advice as part of the overall general counsel service we provide.
For representative examples of clients for whom we provide our outside general counsel services, see our "tombstones" at this link.