Mergers and Acquisitions
Experienced in representing companies in a wide range of industries, our mergers and acquisitions lawyers serve clients in all forms of strategic transactions. We have extensive experience in business and product line acquisitions, technology acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic relationships, asset and stock purchases, share exchanges, tender offers and mergers.
No deal is a cookie cutter deal at Osborn Maledon. Our mergers and acquisitions lawyers guide purchasers or sellers through every stage of a transaction, from the planning stage to post-deal integration, with the client's unique objectives in mind. From conducting due diligence and structuring the transaction, to working with regulators, from preparing deal documentation and disclosure schedules, to integrating workforces and distribution channels after a transaction is closed, we focus on achieving the client's particular strategic priorities as efficiently as possible.
With clients ranging from publicly traded companies to emerging businesses and privately-held enterprises, we provide a comprehensive range of transaction services including:
- Letters of intent, confidentiality and no-shop agreements
- Negotiation and documentation of acquisition agreements
- Advice to boards of directors regarding fiduciary compliance and governance
- Intellectual property transfer
- Severance and change of control plans and agreements
- Executive retention and compensation agreements
- Hart-Scott-Rodino Act filings and litigation
- SEC regulation of tender offers, mergers and securities issuances
Whether a client's strategy requires a merger, a technology license, a stock or asset purchase or sale, or the formation of a new entity or relationship, Osborn Maledon attorneys bring a unique blend of legal experience and business understanding to strategic transactions.
For representative examples of transactions, see our "tombstones" at this link.
- Jonathan F. Ariano
- Ronda Beckerleg Thraen
- Thomas H. Curzon
- William M. Hardin
- Aaron R. Harmon
- Andrew P. Kelly
- Christopher S. Stachowiak
- Andrew D. Western